An unforgettable trip trough the colombian essence. You will ride above amazing landscapes, meet incredible people, taste and smell coffee from the plantation and much more. We do this plan for a minimum of 6 people.
4th – 8th April 2019
We will pick you up in Matecaña International Airport and drive to our first lodging, “Finca del Café” a place where you will learn all about Colombian coffee cultivation and production. After this insightful tour, we will enjoy a typical lunch. After some chilling time, we will reconvene in the evening for an overview of the next adventures.
Begins with a light, but fortifying breakfast at 6:30 AM at the Coffee Farm. Our journey begins at 7:30 AM by crossing Santa Rosa to begin our 9 km ascent. This part of the trip takes us through scenic coffee fields, fruit plantations, and native forests. The final 4 km of this 26 km trek is a descent to La Florida. Our ride concludes with a short ride alongside the Otun River until we reach the Otun Nature Reserve, we will pass the night in a local hostel. In the late afternoon, there is an optional walk in the surroundings for those who still have the energy for exploration on foot.
Breakfast and we start the riding descending to La Florida town. Then, after 4 km of hard riding uphill, your efforts will be rewarded with stunning views. After 15 km of riding along dirt roads, we reach a larger road that takes us to Salento, a scenic town near Cocora Valley. You will have plenty of time on this afternoon to relax at “El Gran Azul Eco-resort”, our home for the evening. You have the option of various nature walks or even horseback riding before dinner.
Breakfast and we head south towards Pueblo Tapao, a little town Close to Montenegro where we are going to stay in the night. We ride a more or less 5 km descent and then climb in dirty road to Circasia, known by it’s free cemetery, natural reserve Bremen and El Alto de la Cruz, a high platform build for enjoy the beautiful view of the green landscapes. We leave the town heading south again and keep descending until the valley between Armenia and Montenegro. We will ride 48 km in a route with an elevation of almost 500 meters. We will stay in La Tata Premium hostel close to Pueblo Tapao.
– Shuttle Armenia Airport in the afternoon to our first accommodation and return the last day in the morning.
– Support vehicle
– Accommodation 4 nights in country houses, natural reserves and typical coffee farms.
– Breakfast days 2,3,4 and 5
– Snack and hydration during the rides
– Coffee tours day 1 in Finca del Cafe
– Medical insurance
– Bilingual guides
– First aid assistance
– Basic mechanic assistance
– Photographic report posted in our social networks
– Bicycle rent (rim 27.5, shimano groupset acera 9 speed, hydraulic disc brakes, front suspension, aluminium frame): 20 US$ per day.
– If you want to stay in a single room it has an additional fee of 185 dollars.
– Trekking in Otun reserve day 2 after the ride.
– Trekking or horse ride around Gran Azul Reserve day 3 after the ride.
Way of payment
Please write us and we will send you the information of payment depending on your location.
For more information on prices and availability, please write to us at: email@example.com