Crossing to Villa de Leyva




1962/3058 m

6437/10032 ft

Physical demand


Technical Difficulty


Pedal through the eastern mountain range in the north of the Andes.

An unforgettable bike-tour trough the colombian essence. You will ride above amazing landscapes, meet incredible people and ímmerse yourself in the local culture.


We can schedule dates  for groups

Day 1 Suesca

Shuttle from airport el dorado, bike setting, Bike-tour introduction. Accomodation in wood cabins at Suesca town (1:30 hours from the city). Typical dinner included. (Lunch not included)

Day 2 – Fuquene

Breakfast and Shuttle from the cabins to the start point. 30 minuts by car to the north of the town. We will pedal around Suescas lagoon before descending to Cucunuba. We will make a brief stop to eat some fruits and continue pedaling throw a green valley full of grazing fields and stunning landscapes. Our goal this day is to pedal 36 miles with a cumulative elevation of 1387 ft. We will have a light lunch during the route and dinner at the hotel on the shore of Fuquene lagoon.

Distance: 58 km /36 miles

Altitude: Between 2537 and 3058 m.a.s.l. /8323 and 10032 ft.a.s.l

Cumulative elevation: 423 meters / 1387 ft

Day 3 – Villa de Leyva

Breakfast and start pedaling in Fuquene’s Valley to the north during 16 km. We will beggin to climb short dirty road ascents. At km 23rd we will cross a little town in the middle of the mountains called San Miguel de Sema. The climbing continue for 4 more kilometers and then comes a fun descent of 8 kms reaching to Raquira. A picturesque town full of handicrafts made of clay. The landscape will turn into a more desertic land. This area is called Candelarias desert. We will cross it to get to Villa the Leyva facing a climb of 4 kms, a little rest and then another 2 kms to get to the top. We will arrive to Villa the Leyva around 4 pm. We will take you by car to the country house where we are going to stay that night, 15 minutes from town to settle down. You will have transportation service to go to town at night to have a walk around the colonial streets and have dinner (dinner is not included). We will have a light lunch during the route.

Distance: 60 km / 37 miles

Altitude: Between 2080 and 2743 m.a.s.l. /6824 and 9032 ft.a.s.l

Cumulative elevation: 1150 meters / 3772 ft

Day 4 – Gachantiva

Breakfast and pedal in the north of Villa the Leyva. This last day depending on the energy of the group we can try a route of 56 km and 1400 meters of acumulative elevation or 44 km and 1000 meters of elevation. This journey will take us trough two hidden towns in the mountains. The first one is Gachantivá and the second Santa Sofía. We will pass near to the waterfall “El Hayal” and other beautiful scenarios. 80% of the route will be dirty roads and the other 20% secundary pave roads.

Distance: 56 km / 34 miles

Altitude: Between 1962 and 2660 m.a.s.l. /6437 and 8727 ft.a.s.l

Cumulative elevation: 1400 meters / 4593 ft

Day 5

Breakfast. Shuttle to Bogota. End of service

This plan includes:

– Shuttle  from Bogota Between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm

– Support vehicle

– Accommodation 4 nights in country houses and hotels. Shared room (2 or 3 people)

– Breakfast days 2,3,4 and 5

– Lunch days 2, 3 and 4

– Fruist and hydration during the rides

– Basic Medical insurance (Each rider should have an additional medical insurance)

– Bilingual guide

– First aid assistance

– Basic mechanic assistance

– Photographic report

Not included:

– Bicycle rent (rim 27.5, shimano groupset acera 9 speed, hydraulic disc brakes, front suspension, Aluminum frame): 25 US$ per day.

– Trek Marlin 6 or Giant Talon: 25 dollars per day

– If you want to stay in a single room it has an additional fee of 40 dollars per night.

Price per person

750 dollars


Way of payment

Please write us and we will send you the information of payment depending on your location.


For more information on prices and availability, please write to us at: contact@nomadsbiketours.com